Having amazing images that align with my brand mission has helped me increase my profitability and up level my business. - Lee Heyward, Image Strategist[/caption] Investing in high-quality, authentic photography is required if you want your visuals to play a crucial role in delivering the personality of your brand. Much like eating, we shop with our EYES! We make many purchase decisions based on first impressions. And buying is often an emotional decision more than a practical one. Therefore your branding is about influencing the way consumers think about you and your business or product. As a result personal branding photography can have a huge impact your business and your bottom line!
One of the biggest mistake I see are people who under-utilized their photography assets and their investment. Custom photography is an ASSET therefore having a library of image files to pull from can save you time and money over the long-term. That's why it's so important to begin thinking about photographs as ASSETS!
How you can maximize your investment in personal branding photography and leverage your assets for massive value?
Use them throughout all your marketing strategies:
1. Place them throughout your website. When you personalize your business with photographs you create trust. It also visually tells the story of your business, your brand and your unique value proposition. At the very LEAST, you want to have your headshot on your website. People want to know your are a real person, and are more likely to contact you vs. a business website without a headshot. People do business with PEOPLE, not business. (I know, I say it all the time. But that's because it's true!)
2. Use them in posts on your social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook business page, Instagram posts, Twitter, etc. Posts that include an image receive 120% - 180% more visibility and engagement.
3. Place them in your newsletters and e-blasts. Showing your clients is more effective than simply telling them.
4. Use them in press releasesabout an event or new offering you have. A press release is an easy way to get potential media coverage when you have an announcement or an event. It's free marketing! Why not try it. I'm inviting you to drum up some press with your awesome new branding photography.
5. Refresh your profile pictures every few monthsso that people see a new image of you. Because this puts you back in the front of their mental database. Just remember to use the same image across all platforms so people can quickly recognize you.)
6. Place them in your sales and landing pages for better conversion rates.
7. Submit an image along with your biowhen you have a speaking engagement. Don't just tell them who you are. Show them. And Speaking engagements are a great way to get in front of new faces and meet new potential clients.
8. Put one in your email signature. Personalize your email and help people remember who you are. You are more likely to remember a face even if you can't remember their name.
9. Use them to create a rack card, brochure, mailer or other print marketing pieces. You can even put a photo on your business card because it helps people remember you.
"We created a library of images to pull from for speaking engagements, articles, sales pages,
and social media [...] They continue to help me establish myself as an expert, and
provide a fun way for potential customers to learn more about me."
How one of my clients has used personal branding photography to grow her business
Over the past few years I've been working with Tanya to create custom branded photography.Having amazing images that align with my brand mission has helped me increase my profitability and up level my business.
I use them throughout my marketing, website, and social media. It's important for my brand to have high quality photographs to remain in alignment with what I do. They continue to help me establish myself as an expert, and provide a fun way for potential customers to learn more about me.
We created a library of images to pull from for speaking engagements, articles, sales pages, and social media. Recently I was featured in Mt. Pleasant Lifestyle Magazine, and I was able to send them images I love that were perfect for both the article and my brand. "
Money Saved, Time Gained by using Personal Branding Photography
Lee Heyward shared with me some tangible numbers on how much she saved and gained by having a small library of personal branding photography. When she was approached by a magazine about featuring her in an article she was able to send in photos of her choosing. Therefore she wasn't at the mercy of one the their photographers, or their timeframe. (Tip: Sometimes the photographers at smaller magazines are students or interns.)
She GAINED TIME (about 8 hours) because:
Saved Time not having to prepare for a session.
No need to spend time (or money) at the salon to get camera ready.
No time needed for a photo shoot.
And she SAVED MONEY (about $250) on professional hair and make-up services because she could skip the photo session and just send her images.
Personal branding photography is a powerful tool because it can have a substantial impact on your bottom line.
It's all about understanding how to leverage your images! Lee has learned the power of the photograph. As a result she LOVED the outcome of the article because SHE CONTROLLED THE CONTENT AND BRAND IMAGE OF THE PHOTOGRAPHY ASSETS THAT WERE USED.
Call today to get your marketing goals on track! 843.743.8596
Feel free to share other ways you leverage photography in your marketing in the comments below!